Article provided by: Chinook Smiles
Dental implants can provide an ideal solution for the replacement of missing teeth. Whether you are missing a single tooth, a small number of teeth, or all of your teeth, replacing your teeth with the help of dental implants in Calgary’s Chinook Dental Studio may be the right fit for you and your lifestyle.
If you are missing a single tooth, a single dental implant can be used to support a crown for tooth replacement. In cases where there are multiple missing teeth, or where a person has dentures, multiple implants can be placed. Depending on the number of implants you receive, you may have replacement teeth that are secure during the day but can still be removed for cleaning and sleeping. Alternatively, implants can be placed in such a way, that up to and including all of a person’s teeth can be replaced with teeth that are not removed. This can be done with anywhere from 4 to 8 implants using Full Arch/Full Mouth. Mini-Implants or All-on-4 techniques.
Interested in learning about the benefits of dental implants from Calgary’s Dental Studio? There are many:
- There is a significant improvement in the overall quality of life for patients who have implant-supported or retained dentures, as opposed to standard or conventional (free-floating) dentures.
- Implants help maintain or realign facial structure and profile.
- Implants preserve bone that is otherwise lost when teeth are removed.
- Dental implants are easy to clean and do not decay.
- Implants help to preserve adjacent natural teeth. With an implant-supported crown or bridge, there is no need to cut down adjacent natural teeth in order to hold a traditional bridge or partial denture in place. Traditional removable partial dentures place stress forces on the remaining natural teeth. Dental implants can eliminate the need to stress adjacent teeth to support an implant supported partial denture.
- Implant-supported crowns and bridges have a longer functioning life than conventional crowns and bridges placed over natural tooth structure.
- Implants help to prevent the appearance of premature aging by preventing bone loss that otherwise occurs after loss of teeth.
- Patients who wear conventional full dentures often experience difficulty eating, speaking and smiling. Implant-supported replacement teeth can eliminate embarrassing denture slippage.
- While the initial investment for a dental implant can be greater than that of a conventional bridge, in the long run, implants can be more cost-effective when taking into account the functioning life of the implant compared to a conventional bridge.
With proper care, good dental hygiene, and a healthy lifestyle, implants can last a lifetime. For more than 40 years, dental professionals have successfully placed millions of implants. Technology and procedures have advanced significantly since the first implants were introduced, allowing a well-established success rate of up to 98%.
Contact Chinook Dental Studio at 403-252-1404 if you have questions about dental implants in the Calgary area. Chinook Dental is always accepting new patients and look forward to providing you with exceptional dental service.Dental Implants Calgary
View Larger Map
Suite 4086455 Macleod Trail SW Calgary AB T2H 0K9
View Larger Map