Overcome your Drug and Alcohol Addiction in Scottsdale
If you or someone you love is struggling with drug or alcohol addiction and abuse in the Scottsdale area, we urge you to consider Desert Cove Recovery for your treatment needs. Offering professional and thoughtful care for those who are battling with substance abuse and addiction, our facility offers a holistic treatment program to treat the underlying causes of addiction and help guide our patients onto the road of sobriety so that they can get their lives back.
Addition is a serious condition that has the power to destroy every facet of a person’s life. It leads to serious physical effects, severe mental and emotional hardship and damages relationships. If left untreated, substance abuse and addiction will only grow worse, which is why it is important to seek professional help to combat the disease and prevent it from progressing further.
Desert Cove Recovery is the premier drug and alcohol rehab center in Scottsdale, Arizona. We have helped countless patients overcome their addictions and reclaim their lives.
Conditions We Treat
At Desert Cove Recovery, we treat alcohol and drug addiction, as well as the mental disorders.
Alcohol and Depressants
Depressants, including alcohol, barbiturates and benzodiazepines can cause serious harm to the central nervous system if they are used in high doses and over a long period of time. Effects include decreased blood pressure, slower respiratory function, emotional instability, memory loss, liver damage and cardiovascular damage.
Stimulants refer to any type of drug that stimulates the central nervous system, such as cocaine, amphetamines and methamphetamines. This class of drugs can lead to rapid heart rate, paranoia, cardiovascular issues and depression.
These drugs include morphine, Demerol, prescription pain killers and heroin. Opiate abuse can cause a number of physical and mental side effects, such as breathing problems, decreased blood flow, depression and anxiety.
When used appropriately, cannabinoids, such as marijuana and hashish, can be beneficial; however, when they are abused, they can have damaging effects. The respiratory system can be affected, as can the memory. Abuse of cannabinoids can also lead to mental health issues, such as depression and anxiety.
LSD, mescaline and hallucinogenic mushrooms can cause an altered sense of consciousness. When they are used excessively and over long periods of time, they can speed up hear rate, cause damage to receptors in the brain and even lead to psychosis and death.
Aerosols, glue, paint thinner and other volatile substances that are inhaled or “huffed” deprive the brain of oxygen, which can damage the central nervous system, cause kidney and liver damage and even cause irreparable damage to bone marrow.
Our Treatment Approach
At Desert Cover Recovery, our approach to treating addiction begins with a thorough assessment of each individual. This assessment allows us to determine the severity of the addiction and which form of treatment will offer the best outcome.
The treatments that we offer include:
- Depending on the severity of the addiction, detox may be recommended to help the patient rid his or her body of the buildup of toxins caused by drug abuse. Detox helps to prepare patients, both physically and mentally for treatment and recovery.
- Individual Counseling. We believe that in order to treat addiction, the underlying causes that have lead to the addiction in the first place must be treated. Licensed mental health professionals offer one-on-one counseling to pinpoint the factors that may have caused addiction. Individual counseling also help patients learn what triggers their substance use and how to handle those triggers.
- Group Therapy. Licensed mental health professionals guide patients in a group setting with the goal of building a sense of community in which peers support one another as they confront their addiction. Group therapy also helps to build a sense of trust in the community so that individuals can rebuild their trust in others and learn how to interact appropriately with others without relying on drugs or alcohol.
- Continued Education. We also provide our patients with continuing education, which includes making plans for their future and relapse prevention. Through continue education, individuals learn necessary skills to continue combating their addiction so that they retain sobriety as they transition from rehab and back into the real world.
- Family Therapy. Addiction not only affects the individual who is abusing a substance, but it also affects his or her loved ones. In many cases, the role of the family plays a part in addictive behavior. Additionally, substance abuse can impact the family dynamic. Through family therapy, patients and their families learn how to work through addiction together, gaining a better understanding of the disease and how to move forward through recovery and sobriety.
Begin Treatment for Addiction Today
For anyone living in the Scottsdale area who is interested in taking control of their drug abuse and addiction, contacting Desert Cove Recovery is the first stop on the road to recovery and sobriety. Our caring and patient professionals will be more than happy to answer any and all questions that you may have regarding treatment. We will work with you to find the best and most effective healing option to help you overcome your addiction and get your life back.
When you are in our care, you will gain the knowledge and the power that is needed to confront your addiction head-on and take control of your life free of substance abuse.