The Desert Cove Recovery Program
Drug and alcohol abuse leads to addiction, which leads to destructive behaviors, physical damage to the body, psychological damage to the brain, and can end with prison or worse, death. Here at Desert Cove Recovery, we don’t just believe we can help – we know we can. Total recovery IS
possible with the right substance abuse treatment program. Addiction isn’t a choice; it’s a disease. Once we identify the root issues that led to the onset of the addictive disease, we can treat it successfully. Our programs are specifically developed for men and women, 18 years and older, who:
- Are currently suffering from addiction to drugs and/or alcohol
- Have previously been through a treatment program and continue to struggle with chronic relapse, or
- Need a continuum of care beyond the traditional, 30-day primary treatment model
Our programs combine traditional and cutting-edge techniques, forming a holistic treatment program that allows individuals to find their path to long-term growth and recovery.
Typical Desert Cove Addiction Treatment includes:
- An initial assessment to better understand the individual and the addiction.
- Individual counseling to help develop self-awareness and the ability to trust by providing the individual with the opportunity to explore unresolved emotional conflicts.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy to evaluate the psychological problems that may be involved with substance abuse.
- A detailed evaluation of the behavior associated with using and how to restructure those behaviors in order to live without alcohol and drugs.
- Group therapy that focuses on the clients supporting one another and developing skills within a social environment.
- Goal-oriented planning for a lifetime of abstinence-based addiction recovery. Substance abuse takes the structure out of an addict’s life. The best chance for success is to develop the practice of a simple daily program of recovery in order to restore that structure.
- Continued education throughout the treatment process for the client in order to understand fully the disease of addiction, the process of recovery, the identification of goals to achieve, and development of the life skills necessary to function productively within society without the use of drugs and alcohol.
- Relapse prevention, education, and planning.
- Family participation to develop an awareness of how the family has been affected by the disease of addiction and to begin to facilitate the healing of damaged family relationships.
In addition to the items above:
- Medical and Psychiatric Services are provided as needed in collaboration with local medical professionals.
- A Nutrition and Wellness Program is offered and supplemented with exercise, yoga, outdoor activities, and balanced food planning/preparation to enhance healthy living and restore whole body functioning.
- Learning life skills is an ongoing part of treatment with emphasis on skill development for life after treatment. This includes job seeking skills, anger management, continued participation in a 12-Step program, and other essential life skills.
- Trauma therapy is available to address underlying emotional, psychological, and behavioral issues resulting from traumatic experiences.
When addiction has taken over your life and left you feeling hopeless, it’s hard to know where to turn. The staff here at Desert Cove Recovery
understands – we have been there too. We know this is hard, but we will be here to support you every step of the way…