Detox Safely from Alcohol in the Comfort of our Quality Care
The ultimate goal of any Arizona alcohol detox center is an effective, long-lasting recovery from alcohol abuse. Some people may prefer to be outpatients while going through the detox process, while others may prefer to experience residential treatment in our rehab center.
With our Arizona alcohol detox services, we try to give you a breakdown of the pros and cons associated with outpatient and inpatient treatments so that you can make the decision for yourself.
Residential or inpatient programs require a 28-day in-house treatment. The actual duration of your stay depends on several factors including your personal circumstances, needs, diagnosis, and insurance coverage.
What are the distinct advantages of inpatient treatment?
- You follow a structured daily schedule focused on becoming healthy. The structure does not allow the downtime that’s common with outpatient treatment, where your thirst for alcohol can surface. The fairly regimented schedule gives you stability and helps you to ride out the rougher moments in your healing.
- You have access to the services of trained therapists 24/7. You do not battle your alcohol addiction
- You enjoy the benefits of being part of a community of individuals who are also trying to achieve sobriety.
- You receive higher level of care and supervision.
- You are able to focus on recovering from your addiction. As an inpatient you are able to temporarily let go of your obligations to family, friends, school, or work. You are able to concentrate on addressing your personal alcohol-related issues and in developing new health habits.
- You cannot come and go. You stay put in the center.
- You have to deal with restrictions. Everything has to follow a schedule – waking up, eating, counseling sessions, daily activities, and free time. (The structure is a distinct purposive element of inpatient treatment. If you are not used to a regimented schedule, however, you may initially consider the structure as a “con”).
- If you have children, you will have to make arrangements for their care during this period.
- You will have to take a leave from work to join an inpatient recovery
- Your insurance may not cover inpatient treatment.
Outpatient treatment has certain distinctive characteristics.
- An outpatient recovery program does not require you to check into the center. You sign up for specific counseling sessions and recovery courses that will help you achieve sobriety.
- You can still take care of your family and work responsibilities even as you go through your alcohol recovery program.
- You can take advantage of counseling sessions which are usually offered at night or during week-ends when your work schedule is lighter.
- You can immediately apply in real life what you have learned during counseling. You do not have to wait to get back home to make changes.
- You can get better support from your family because outpatient programs usually include family counseling sessions intended to strengthen the support network. These sessions help your loved ones to better understand what you are going through. They equip your family with the essential understanding and skills to help you overcome the challenges associated with recovery.
- An outpatient program is more affordable. It is usually covered by insurance.
- You still face the same physical and emotional triggers that may have driven you into becoming an alcoholic.
- You can still get alcohol anytime you want to.
- You have to deal with distractions which may undermine your efforts to remain sober.
- You can talk to your counselor only during the counseling sessions or when he is available when you make appointments.
- Inpatients find it easy to develop a strong support system with other guests in the center. As an outpatient, you do not have the same advantage. You may find it more difficult to establish such a network of support.
DesertCove Recovery has established a distinct reputation as one of the leading alcohol recovery centers in Scottsdale Arizona.
We offer a variety of treatment programs which are safe, efficient, and inexpensive. We offer access to counseling, medical assistance, learning programs, group support, and other holistic options. We offer all these options in safe, peaceful, and well-appointed surroundings to facilitate a successful and enduring recovery from alcoholism.
DesertCove Inpatient Treatment
Residential treatment in our center provides a goal-oriented structure to your day. We will help you plan and follow a schedule of treatments and pursuits designed to help you recover from addiction.
You will have therapy sessions with some of the best counselors around. You will have medical consultation, individual counseling, and group counseling. You will have free time to pursue interests designed to assist recovery like art classes, meditation, and yoga. You will have discussions with trained mentors about how to avoid post-treatment relapse. All these will help you achieve long-term sobriety.
How long do you have to stay in our rehab center?
The duration of rehab will ultimately depend on you – and essential factors like the length and extent of your addiction to alcohol. You can decide to go back home anytime but we will give you our well-considered and expert recommendation.
In the center, you will go through a detoxification program after which you will see your cravings increasingly decline. You will feel almost normal after a certain period of quitting. You will feel ready to go back to daily life and the challenges that go with it.
You will continue with your process of recovery after you leave our center. You can still visit our center for outpatient counseling, 12-step recovery meetings, and other lifestyle interventions to help you maintain sobriety.
DesertCove Outpatient Treatment
We understand that some people cannot put their lives on hold for inpatient treatment. This is why we have worked out a program that helps you pursue sobriety even as you go on with work or school activities.
If you cannot take time off for residential treatment, DesertCove offers outpatient counseling designed to help you in your journey towards sobriety.
Outpatient counseling with our center is particularly beneficial if you are just in the beginning stages of alcoholism. If you recognize the early subtle signs of alcoholism, we can help motivate and teach you how to address the problem before it gets worse.
Outpatient treatment is also recommended if you require continuing support to sustain your recovery.
Our outpatient rehab is convenient and affordable. We take a multidisciplinary approach to ensure that you get the best outpatient care and support we can offer. We offer the following services:
- Individual Group therapy
- Alcohol education
- Detox referrals
- Life skills coaching
- Relapse prevention
- Yoga in Recovery
- Art therapy