Our Mesa Drug and Alcohol Detox Center Hires The Best Medical Professionals
Have you been battling with a drug or alcohol addiction? Have you tried to quit before, but found it was too difficult and gave into your urges to use? Are you serious about putting an end to your addiction and leading a life of sobriety?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, than it may be time for you to consider entering a detox facility. Located in Mesa, Arizona, Desert Cove Recovery offers a high-quality inpatient detox center that has helped countless people in the area successfully get through detox and prepare them for treatment for their addiction. We provide a safe, comfortable environment where you will be monitored through the entire detox process and receive the care you need so that you can start your journey on the path of sobriety.
What is Detox?
When someone takes a drug or uses alcohol, mental and physical effects occur. The substance produces reactions in the body that are normally produced by other naturally-occurring substance. The longer drugs or alcohol are used, the less the body produces those natural substances and the more it relies on the substance. When a person becomes addicted to a substance, he is going to experience withdrawal symptoms when he attempts to stop taking the substance. These symptoms can cause mild to severe discomfort, and in serious cases, they can be deadly.
The symptoms of withdrawal vary from person to person and are largely dependent on the type of substance that was being used, how long it was being used and the severity of the addiction. With that said, the following are classic symptoms of withdrawal:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Severe sweating
In severe cases, withdrawal symptoms can include:
- Heart palpitations
The effects of withdrawal can be uncomfortable and they can also be dangerous. In order to combat the effects, a person addicted to drugs or alcohol will have a difficult time abstaining from using drugs or alcohol, as using the substance can ease the effects of withdrawal symptoms. Obviously, when a person gives in and uses drugs or alcohol, the recovery process is curtailed and the cycle begins again.
Through supervised detox, patients are able to receive the help that they need to safely get through the effects of withdrawal and avoid giving in to the urge to use drugs or alcohol. Not only does a detox center increase comfort during detox, but it improves the overall process of recovery.
The Benefits of Inpatient Detox
There are a number of benefits that inpatient detox provides for people who are suffering from substance abuse and addiction and are trying to seek recovery. Some of the most notable benefits include:
- Constant supervision that is provided by a team of medical professionals and clinicians who are highly trained in experienced in handling withdrawal symptoms.
- Improved safety while going through the process of detox. Should a person experience severe discomfort or be in danger, he or she will receive prompt and proper assistance.
- Greater comfort, as the effects of detox are eased through the assistance that clinicians and medical professionals provide.
- Reduced stress from the outside world, which allows the person to focus solely on getting through detox and reduces the triggers that can cause him to use drugs or alcohol.
- Absolutely no access to drugs or alcohol.
- A greater likelihood of success, not only through the detox process, but through the entire profess of recovery.
What to Expect
The detox process varies for each person and is truly dependent on the level of addiction and the type of substance(s) that are being used. With that said, here’s an overview of what patients can expect at a detox center:
- Initial Assessment. Upon arrival, patients will undergo an assessment, which helps us better understand each patient and his or her needs. A caring intake clinician will ask questions that pertain to a person’s addiction. The answers to these questions will allow us to make the process of detox as comfortable and safe as possible.
- Health Evaluations. The physical and mental health of each patient will be fully evaluated. We will assess each person’s physical health and perform a psychiatric evaluation. These evaluations are important, as they allow us to get a clear picture of each patient’s current state of physical and mental health, allowing us to prepare the most effective detox treatment plan.
- Detox Begins. Each patient will be fully monitored by our team of professionals on a 24 hours basis throughout the detox process. We will constantly assess the physical and mental health of each person and provide the care that is needed to reduce the symptoms of withdrawal and make the process as comfortable as possible.
- Transition to Treatment. It’s important to remember that detox is not treatment, but rather the first step in the treatment process. In order to overcome addiction, on-going treatment is necessary.
Are You Considering Inpatient Detox?
If you are suffering from substance abuse and addiction and you are ready to get your life back, inpatient detox can help get you on the path of recovery and sobriety. If you are interested in learning more about our inpatient detox treatment center, or you are ready to begin the detox process, please contact Desert Cove Recovery today. We believe that you can overcome addiction, and our detox center can help.