The Best in Gilbert Inpatient Treatment for Addiction
For those who are addicted to drugs and alcohol, the decision to stop using can be a very difficult one to make; however, once you do make that decision, you are going to want to commit yourself fully to recovery. While there are several addiction treatment options available, research has found that the most effective option is inpatient rehabilitation.
At Desert Cove Recovery, the premier inpatient rehab center in the Gilbert area, we have helped countless people put addiction behind them and move forward toward a life of sobriety. We provide a safe, comfortable environment for patients that are battling addiction successfully overcome it.
Inpatient Rehab: What Is It?
What exactly is inpatient rehab? In the simplest of terms, it is a residential setting where patients receive comprehensive treatment for drug and alcohol addiction and abuse. In an outpatient rehab center, patients receive treatment and return home after the treatment sessions are over; however, in an inpatient rehab center, patients remain at the facility throughout the entire treatment process.
Generally, a stay at an inpatient rehab center is 30 days; however, some patients require more time to receive the treatment that is necessary to recover from an addiction to drugs or alcohol. At Desert Cove Recovery, we offer longer lengths of stay, including 60 and 90 days. How do you know how long you should stay with us? We take several factors into consideration when determining a treatment plan, which also includes the amount of time you should remain in rehab. The factors that we take into consideration include:
- The type of substance you are using
- The length of time you have been using the substance
- The severity of the addiction
- Whether or not you have any additional mental health conditions, in addition to addiction (which is, in itself, considered a mental health condition)
- The number of times you have been to rehab in the past
The Inpatient Process
Despite the evidence that has proven the benefits that inpatient rehab provides, many people are hesitant to enter into such a setting because they are unaware of what to expect. They may be fearful that the process is so involved or rigid, or that it is too constraining; however, at Desert Cove Recovery, our process is quite natural and very therapeutic. In fact, it’s rather enjoyable!
Here’s a look at what you can expect when you attend our inpatient rehab program:
- When you first enter our facility, you will undergo an intake assessment. During this assessment, you and one of our certified and highly experienced clinicians will discuss your addiction. You’ll talk about the substances you have been using, how often you use them, how long you have been using them, and whether or not you have tried to stop using in the past and have experienced side effects when doing so. You will also undergo a physical exam and a comprehensive psychological evaluation. This will help us determine the state of your physical health and how your substance use may be affecting it. It will also allow us to find out if you have any underlying mental health conditions that may be contributing to your addiction. All of the information that is complied during intake will allow us to devise the best treatment program for you; a treatment program that is designed to meet your specific needs.
- For some patients, detox may be necessary before beginning the actual treatment process. When you stop using a substance that your body has grown accustomed to and expects to be present, you can start to experience withdrawal symptoms when you stop using it. These symptoms can be uncomfortable and even dangerous. Through detox, you will be able to receive the care that is necessary to help you get through this phase of recovery as comfortably and as safe as possible. It will help to prepare you for the reminder of your treatment.
- During treatment, you will be exposed to a number of different therapies and programs, all of which are designed to help you better understand your addiction and learn how to gain control of it. At Desert Cove Recovery, we use a holistic treatment approach. In other words, we don’t just treat the addiction, but we treat the underlying causes that may have lead to the addiction; the whole person. We focus on therapies and programs that aim to improve the body, the mind, and the spirit, in order to help you really understand, come to terms with, and move past your addiction. Some of the therapies we offer during treatment include yoga, meditation, outdoor recreation, nutritional therapy, and sensory deprivation therapy.
- Post-Treatment Education. Once your treatment has concluded and before you are discharged from our facility, you will receive tips, strategies and information that will help prepare you for entering the world free of drugs and alcohol so that you can avoid relapse and move forward with your sobriety.
The goal of inpatient treatment at Desert Cove Recover is to provide individuals who are struggling with substance abuse and addiction in the Gilbert area successfully put their addiction behind them so that they can move forward toward a happier, healthier, sober life. We have helped so many people overcome addiction, and we can help you, too. Please don’t delay in calling us to discuss our treatment options. We are here to help.