Comfortable and Private Clinics for Scottsdale Detox Services
Are you suffering from drug or alcohol dependency in the Scottsdale, Arizona area? Have you tried to stop using and take control of your life before, to no avail? If so, it may be time to consider an inpatient detox center.
Desert Cover Recovery is the leading detox center in the Scottsdale area. Under the care of experienced professionals, we offer a safe and comfortable environment for those who are struggling with substance abuse to start their journey on the road to recovery.
What is Detox?
Detoxification, often referred to simply as ‘detox’ refers to the process of riding the body of the harmful toxins that have built up as a result of drug and/or alcohol use. For many people, especially those who have had been addicted to and abusing drugs and alcohol for a long period of time, detox is the first part of the treatment process.
The process of detox usually involves three key stages
- Evaluation – A patient is evaluated to determine if detox is necessary and to what degree.
- Stabilization – A patient is monitored and provided with the necessary assistance while going through the process of detoxification.
- Transition into treatment – Once detox is completed, a patient is transitioned into a treatment program.
It is important to remember that detox is not considered a treatment for alcohol or drug addiction and abuse, but rather the first part in the treatment process. In order for a patient to successfully overcome addiction, he or she must learn the skills that are necessary to beat addiction, and these skills are learned through a treatment program.
Why is Detox Important?
When a substance is used for a long period of time, the body becomes physically dependent on it. In other words, in order to function properly, the substance needs to be present. Detox is important because it rids the body of the buildup of toxins that a substance leaves behind so that the individual can start to focus on treatment.
Going through detox alone can be dangerous, and many patients are unable to successfully complete the detox process on their own. During this phase of the recovery process, withdrawal symptoms set in. These symptoms vary from person to person and are dependent on the type of drug that was being used and the level of the addiction, but some of the most common symptoms of withdrawal include:
- Increased heart rate
- Nausea and vomiting
In the most extreme cases, the symptoms of withdrawal can be deadly.
In order to ease the symptoms of withdrawal, many people often give in and start using the substance they are trying to rid their body of. Naturally, this derails recovery and leads a patient to continue using drugs or alcohol. Undergoing detox under the care of professionals allows patients to safely go through the process. It also increases speeds up the recovery process and increases the chances of success.
The Benefits of Inpatient Rehab
Inpatient rehab offers a number of benefits, including
- Constant supervision from a professional medical staff that is trained in managing withdrawal symptoms.
- A safe and comfortable environment to go through the detox process, which makes it easier to handle the side effects of withdrawal.
- Reduced stress, which not only helps to reduce triggers that may tempt a patient to use drugs or alcohol, but also allows patients to focus solely on the detox process and recovery.
- No access to drugs or alcohol. Inpatient detox centers are strictly monitored and drugs and alcohol in any form are strictly prohibited.
- Increased success rate, as patients are able to receive the care that they require as they detox and do not have the ability to attain drugs or alcohol.
Who is Inpatient Detox Recommended For?
Anyone who is battling with a drug or alcohol addiction can benefit from inpatient detox; however, it is particularly beneficial for those who have a serious addiction. Additionally, those who use specific types of substances will require medically supervised inpatient detox, as the withdrawal symptoms from these substances can have extremely dangerous side effects. These substances include:
The Dangers of Detoxing Alone
Many people who are addicted to drugs or alcohol try to quit ‘cold turkey,’ or on their own with medical supervision and intervention. While it may be commendable to try to detox alone, doing so is extremely risk. Some of the dangers of going the ‘cold turkey’ route include:
- Extreme and unnecessary discomfort
- Greater risk of relapse
- Severe, and possibly deadly, health complications
Is Inpatient Detox Right for You?
Are you ready to overcome your addiction to drugs or alcohol and living in the Scottsdale area? If so, inpatient detox may be necessary in order to get you started on the path of recovery. At Dessert Cove Recovery, our team of professionals will be happy to assist you with any and all questions you may have regarding detox and recovery. As soon as you contact us, we can begin the detox evaluation process and get you set up for successful recovery.
We offer a comfortable, safe and caring environment where you will be able to move through the phases of detox and start your journey toward recovery and a life free of addiction.